Sunday, December 03, 2006

Impact Awards 2006

Yesterday Word of Life had their second Impact Award Ceremony where they honored and recognized men and Women who have excelled in Ministry through out the year 2006. The day began with a church service in which I was the Guest speaker and was challenging the crowd that came to live their lives walking in the Narrow Way that leads to life (Matthew 7:13 – 14) and build their lives on the Solid Rock who is Jesus Christ (Matthew 7: 24 - 27).

There is a Christianity that is infecting churches around Kenya and specifically Mombasa since this where I live – that is not really Christianity – It is spreading like cancer and if it were not for the Words of Jesus assuring us, “on this Rock I will build my church and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it,” I would be hopelessly miserable. This teaching is like a bush fire that is spreading across the land and the wind driving it is so strong that the fire fighters (sound teachers) are - humanly speaking - seemingly fighting a losing battle and some even being carried away by the winds in the process. Here in three points is a summary of what I was talking about

    1. It is a Christianity which has a very humanistic view point of things and whose end goal is not the glory of God but the happiness of man.
    2. It is a Christianity which pulls crowds for all the wrong reasons, miracles, wealth and prosperity etc
    3. It is a Christianity which is not concerned with what God says but what makes the life of man comfortable, approving things like Abortion, Homosexuality, pre marital sex etc.
I just got done teaching Revelation and Eschatology in my BTCP/L classes and I really identified with John at the end of Revelation. After talking about the sin of the world, rebellion of the Devil and the Consequences of their rebellion he contrasts that with the beauties and glories of heaven. He looks at all that and concludes - (Rev 22:20) He who testifies to these things says, “Yes, I am coming soon.” Amen. Come, Lord Jesus. When I read that I wanted to shake John's hand and say I feel you man!


Believers of Jesus this world is not our home - It is not!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home