Saturday, December 23, 2006

In Busia

I just want to post a few pictures on here so you know what I am upto in Busia [My dad lives in Busia and every Christmas we travel 17 hours to go spend Christmas with him - He loves it! When we are there we try to clean up the compound for him (he is blind) and tidy up his home for him]:
Tilling the Ground:
My cousin Billy and I came to Busia from Uganda and Mombasa respectively for holiday in Busia but it turned out to be business as usual. it was fun though, tilling the ground milking the cows landscaping stuff and building a house. All these pictures will tell more than a 1000 words enjoy!
Billy Milking:













The biggest Christmas gift for me this year was having my fiancée Allison with me in Busia with my family. My Parents, my siblings and relatives all loved her and welcomed her home so warmly. She worked so hard and just was part of the family! What a wonderful blessing she was. She introduced the Busia people to Banana Bread and Brownies, they loved them! If you see a little heavier than usual it is because of Allison’s wonderful cooking, she is such a great cook! While we were in Busia, it did not feel like “bush” she made Cheese burgers, spaghetti casserole, grilled cheese sandwiches just to mention a few…I am a very blessed man to have Allison in my life! Can you tell I am in love…Hahahahaha!
Allison grating coconut
in readiness to make coconut pojo [cow peas]. It was very delicious with Chapatis! Way to go Babe!One of the things we did at my Dad's home in Busia is planting grass to control the unbearable Mud during the rainy season [and yes when we were in Busia it rained cows and goats].

Here is Allison taking a break after planting some of the grass. In the background is Billy keeping it going! That boy can work!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home