Thursday, April 19, 2007

Amina Weds Elly

April 7th was a wonderful day for our first Serve International intern Elly E. Omucheyi. After 6 years of living alone as a widower God finally blessed him with a wonderful wife, Amina. The day was very colorful and full of celebrations! It was the first Kenyan wedding that everything was on time and at the end of the day the whole event was late by only an hour. It was supposed to end at 1pm and it ended at 2pm.

Anyone who knows anything about weddings and Kenya would agree with me that this was actually a 'revival!' ok, may be not but what do you call that. My sister was 4 hours late for her wedding...the interesting thing is that the bride and groom print the invitation cards, invite their guests, only for the guests to show up to find that the people who invited them are not even there. Surely I am not the only one who feels this is wrong, am I? Somebody please make me understand!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home