Thursday, April 19, 2007

Denno in Egypt

Ok people yes the rumors you heard about me being in Egypt were actually true. Egypt is a very beautiful country with a lot of things to see and buy. The thing that impressed me the most about Egypt was their roads!!!! No potholes and the high ways are actually highways with 3 to 4 real lanes! the picture below is not one part of the road that was renovated because of IAAF but its a picture of most of the roads in Cairo - they actually have exists and ramp and flyovers. the only other place I saw that was in SA. We in Kenya need to take field trips to such country and stop comparing our roads with Juba roads and feel good about them.

Ok you cannot go to Egypt and not see the Pyramids – so I had to make a quick trip by the pyramids which contrary to popular belief are not in the desert but in the middle of the city (hope I did not spoil the surprise for any one).

The feeling I had when I got there apart from feeling a special one minute feeling that I am standing in the land that Jesus, Moses, Joseph, Pharaoh etc stood was the feeling of being at Fort Jesus in Mombasa! You really feel like you are missing a lot by not going but then you go and you take a couple of pictures and you wonder why you paid so much to go see 2 million 2 ton rocks piled on each other to form one of the wonders of the modern world. It was good and I am glad I went. I would like to return again and spend more time in the country and see more!

Oh and how can I forget this - You thought Kenya Matatu drivers were crazy wait til you go to Cairo. Those cars, buses and matatus (Yes they have Matatus) if they go any faster they will get off the road and be on the air.
A strange sight on the road which I am sure to most Egyptians is very normal was little truck loads of Garlic pass you on the road all the time!!! Those Egyptians have GARLIC!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love all those pictures Babe and its a great blog update!! Can't wait to travel one day TOGETHER!!! Just 78 days til our big day! YEAH

12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home